Monday, November 30, 2009

Does gloss paint dry darker or lighter please?

It shouldn't dry lighter or darker than the sample swatch. With a few exceptions, most major paint stores mix using a computer program rather than hand pumping. In my experience, I've seen 2 out of literally thousands of colors not come out exactly the same as the sample. Though it will be shiner (chip samples are almost always flat) and in certain light gloss and semi-gloss paint will appear ';Brighter'; all though this is really just the light reflecting off it.





However, all paint dries darker than in looks in when wet. For the most part the darker the color the bigger the difference between the wet color and the dry color. And nearly every red will look pink in the can.Does gloss paint dry darker or lighter please?
usually paint will dry darker..Does gloss paint dry darker or lighter please?
The color of the paint will not change, the difference in gloss, flat, semi-gloss, and satin is the amount of shine that is added to the wall!! Not to mention if you get a gloss or a semi gloss based paint it is so much easier to keep clean, with a semi gloss to a gloss paint all you need to do is run a damp sponge over it and generally it will come right off. The gloss is a good paint to put in a formal room or living room. I would use a flat or semi gloss in your bed rooms depending on if there kids rooms or not! I wouldn't spend the extra money on a gloss for a bedroom its not worth it if its hidden most of the time
The color doesn't change but will appear slightly lighter because the high sheen reflects light.
Do you mean the color? I don't think the end result color changes. It is just the level of sheen you get in the end. I painted my house with flat paint and the color was alot lighter then it was when it dried. But, the color I got when it dried was what I bought.
I am unsure but i think it's lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting