Saturday, November 28, 2009

Do I need to wear lip stick (not lip gloss) to look more professional?

I usually wear foundation, powder, and some mascara. Even when I wear make-up, people tell me that it looks like I have no make-up at all. What else should I do? Going to work, I feel/look more like a student than a confident professional.





Also should I wear some jewelry? I usually wear heels, black/brown pants, a nice usually bright top, and sometimes a jacket.





Please help.Do I need to wear lip stick (not lip gloss) to look more professional?
As for the lipgloss vs. lipstick I will probably differ here compared to the other answerers. I am a bit older, so maybe this is too old-fashioned, but for a professional look I think lipstick is better than lipgloss (and I like lipgloss). That said, your lipstick should not be too bright, dark, or otherwise draw too much attention. Natural reds and pinks work well.





As has been mentioned, you might want to try a little eyeshadow and eyeliner. Colors depend on your eye color and complection.





Jewelry is a good idea a far as a nice necklace, earrings, and maybe a bracelet, but not too much





Your clothing sounds great. I should probably take advice from you as I wear pantyhose with a dress skirt quite a bit but trousers are much more comfy.





I think that overall your look sounds great and maybe the school vs. professional feeling is mostly in your head. Be confident!! :-) I'm sure you'll do great!





EDIT: Bois De Rose is a great shade of Estee Lauder lipstick that would work great in a professional setting, just to give you an extra idea....Do I need to wear lip stick (not lip gloss) to look more professional?
Neutral lipstick. Use a little eye liner to accentuate your eyes. Go light on the jewelry, keep it simple. Your wardrobe sounds professional. Check out http://www.liquidcharmingfashion.com for other fashions and accessories.
you don't need lip gloss only if you wanted to but maybe if you wear eyeliner or very light eyeshadow maybe that could help
there's nothing wrong with looking young. i've considered the lipstick versus lipgloss too. i think that lipgloss is much trendier. and if people think you're not wearing make-up and they still think you look good, you're doing a great job with the make-up.
try some of these:


nude colored lipstick.





apply vaseline on lips then red lipstick on top.





a pink or champange colroed lipgloss.





try throwing on a necklace or some nice llooking earrings.
I would recommend lipgloss with quite a tint. This way, you look glamorous and professional.
maybe if you found a more proffesional hairstyle it would bring out your look more without wearing more make up. i'm sure your lip gloss looks great and you should stick with it bc wearing lip stick can be a pain. and for jewelry i think classic pieces like a pearl necklace and earrings makes anyone look really proffessional.
i think people who say you're not wearing makeup are saying that as a compliment, possibly you are so beautiful they disagree with any makeup on you, remember natural beauty is much more professional than fake beauty.
not at all. i think a nice lip gloss looks young and fresh/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting