Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm also having trouble painting semi gloss over semi gloss?

I'm having the same problem as someone else. I'm trying to paint a kitchen, semi gloss over semi gloss. I've applied a layer of Kilz and let it dry overnight. Still, when I apply the semi gloss paint over the Kilz it still just smears and streaks. Any ideas of how to solve would be very greatly appreciated.I'm also having trouble painting semi gloss over semi gloss?
sand the walls to rough them up than wash with tsp and rinse you either have kitchen grease or slick walls than re prime then paintI'm also having trouble painting semi gloss over semi gloss?
probably if you get a fine sandpaper and sand it down quickly to make it rough enough to hold the paint. it should work. Just don't sand it off...just a little to make it a tad bit on the rough side.


also...if you're using a roller brush...the brush might not have enough grip.
Wash the walls with TSP, then rinse. That will roughen up the surface enough to make the paint adhere without a dusty mess from sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting