Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to create professional photographs to sell, whats better, gloss, matte or satin photo paper?

I am creating a business seeling my photographs, they will be framed ect, but which paper should I use to print my photographs on? I thought glossy paper shines to much and doesn't look as good, i've heard that satin paper is good %26amp; matte, any advice would be grand! cheersI want to create professional photographs to sell, whats better, gloss, matte or satin photo paper?
Print a few out on each paper and show them around. Do a mini test market analysis. It doesn't matter what you like at this point, it's up to your customers. You've got to market to the broadest customer base.I want to create professional photographs to sell, whats better, gloss, matte or satin photo paper?
If you're framing, I think gloss looks the most professional. Just be careful not too handle the photos too much or else you're basically framing a print of your fingerprints. :P
Why not show one of each and take orders? Or - just replace what you've sold as it sells. After a while, you'll get an idea what people prefer. I like ';luster'; paper, as it doesn't show fingerprints, but it still has all the ';pop'; of glossy paper.
i prefer matte as you dont get that glossy sheen to it.





it also means that youre less likely to mark the photos with fingerprints when youre handling them!





good luck!
I agree, you should let your customers choose. After all they are the ones purchasing the product!!!
I think that gloss paper gives a much better image but it is a personal choice. I would suggest trying all three to see which you prefer..
I love matte finish my personal preference

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting