Thursday, December 3, 2009

At my age at 37 should I wear lipstick or lip gloss?

I enjoy wearing lipstick and lipgloss but at my age which would look better and what brands should I buy that are not teribbly expensive.





What is a good color for a person with dark alburn air and hazel gray eyes?At my age at 37 should I wear lipstick or lip gloss?
I'm a makeup artist and I hear alot of women saying they think that lipgloss is for younger people (teenagers) but truthfully it's not. Lipgloss is great if you have thinner lips because a glossy finish creates the illusion of a fuller lip. As far as color is concerned, you should have a few different colors in your purse at all times. You probably need to take a trip to the cosmetics dept. in your local department store and have a consultant pick some colors that will look great and compliment your skin tone. I work for Clinique and find it to be a great value. Clinique even has a glossy lipstick...you can kill two birds with one stone. I think a peachy color would be great with auburn hair and would look really fresh for summer. www.clinique.com take a look....good luck!At my age at 37 should I wear lipstick or lip gloss?
Wear whatever you feel comfortable with. There are some very glossy lipsticks out which can give you the glossiness of a lip gloss in a stick.


I would say that a gloss is more manageable. You can pretty much put it on without a mirror and a touch up is pretty simple.


Lipsticks I find are harder to touch up without a mirror and some don't look right without the lip liner underneath to make them last longer.


Try one of each and use with one you like.


I would say go with plum colours... deep reddy purples and soft plum hues.
LIPGLOSS. It'll make you look a few years younger! And this is coming from a 20 something year old. I notice when I wear lipstick it makes me look older. Lipgloss gives you a more youthful cleaner look.


hope this was helpful :)





Theres victorias secrets lip plumper in BARE or PINK. If you need a little extra fullness. Online eBay its only $10. Or venom du-wop in pink shimmer lip plumper.
37?!!! 37 YEARS OLD? Good God I wouldn't recommend either. I would simply consider some form of formaldehyde or mummification.











Just kidding, you are a very young person.
Lip gloss is usually for slightly younger people, like teens and sometimes kids. I think lipstick would be best for you; it's more formal and has a serious look.





Check out these links:


http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr鈥?/a>





I think MAC is a really great brand because its lip products last for a long time, don't stick to hair, and have a natural smooth and shimmery shine. You should wear the third lipstick in the column (the reddish-cranberry one) and layer it off with a light glimmering coat of MAC lipglass. That's what I always do, because my features (auburn hair and amber eyes) are a lot like yours, and my friends always compliment me on my makeup! :) Enjoy!


From, bubblegumfreak
You can wear what ever you want. I am 30 something, and I personally like Cover Girl's True Shine. It is just shiny enough with a hint of color. Check out their web site. www.covergirl.com


They have some pretty cool info there. You can even get color matched! As far as lip gloss, I love Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush!
huh, what does your age have to do with this........ wear what you want............
you are only as young as you feel. your age has nothing to do with what you put on your lips. I think that for a dressier occasion, or even work, go for the lipstick. but other than that, have a good time with all the sexy shades of lipgloss for summer. lipgloss is so much easier!!
Who say you can not wear lip gloss at 37, my mom is almost 48 years old, and she wears lip gloss and it looks really nice on her, She uses the light pink, peach and clear colors, on top of her lipstick and it looks nice, and if you like lip gloss then just buy it, but if you re undecided on what color to buy, go to the makeup department at the mall and they can help you. And you only young as you feel, and 37 its not old at all.
Wear what you think suits you and you are more comfortable with. Lipstick makes a woman look more sophisticated while lipgloss makes a woman look a few years younger but lip gloss if def. cheaper than lipstick. A good colour would be red or brownish red lipstick and for lipgloss maybe somethng pale. Don't go for something too shiny. If not, the people at the makeup counter could decide whether lipstick or lipgloss would be perfect for you. The colour too as different colours bring out certain features of your face
lipstick...not to make fun or anything but i think at 37, lipstick would look better than lip gloss...most lip gloss are for teens and girls in their early twenty's i think. Lipstick are solid with a variety of solid colors...if u were to ask me, i think using lip gloss wouldn't all that great at this age...





as for brands, it's really up to you on what you like. for example, at walgreens they have a variety collections with a lot of different lipstick....really, it's personal choice if u ask me
you can use either, as long as it's your color. I personally use lipstick for big parties and lip gloss for a more casual look. For what brands you should buy, look for Covergirl, or maybelline. if you want a bigger variety of colors to try, look for rimmel underground. A good color for u would probably be just one tone darker than your lip color for a sun-kissed look.(i got that from my beauty book!) For your dark hair, a shade of pink would look most natural on you. or you could try earth tones like light browns, carmels, brick reds and corals.
Lipstick ,lip gloss is more for teens and little girls,try going to makeup department and asking a lady what color would be best for you,tell her you don't want a really expensive lipstick,as i said lip gloss is for teenagers,lipstick makes you feel and look more mature and more classy lip gloss makes you look like you are trying to look really young,But choose whatever makes you feel best and don't pay attention to hwat people say you are not too old.





Good luck!!
you can still use either; it just depends on color %26amp; formulation (esp for lipsticks). there are also other things to consider such as lip shape, lip condition, occassion or time of wearing.


let me elaborate:


lip shape


*thin lips - those w/ thin lips should go for lighter shades


%26amp; formulations with ';light-diffusing particles';. this helps


create the illusion of fuller lips. darker colors would


further accentuate thinness.


*full lips - darker shades in creamy formulations is more


suited to this lip type.





lip condition:


*dry, flaky lips - go for lipsticks with moisturizers like vit e


%26amp; jojoba oil. avoid matte lipsticks at all costs!





with your coloring i would suggest colors like mauve, brownish-pink hues or if you're feeling a bit diva-ish, go for a deep red! personally i use The Body Shop's Colourings. They have a great assortment of lip products to choose from. my fave lipstick color is Toffee. (i have drk brown hair %26amp; golden brown eyes...and im 34!)
There is nothing wrong with wearing lipgloss at your age. Lipgloss can be worn over lipstick of the same shade. MAC has such a great line of lipstick and lipglass. Try Viva glam V. It is the only lipstick I've ever known that looks good on EVERYONE, and if you're a little iffy about the pricetag, know that every single cent of that sale will go to MAC AIDS fund.


http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/co鈥?/a>
wear whatever u want!!! what difference does age make??? i actually prefer lipgloss to lipstick, because it gives a glossier, sexier finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting